Sunday, June 26, 2011

'cus I am- you are- we are- exceptional yeah exceptional'

There's something magical about a Disney song. I'm not sure what it is exactly but (in my opinion) they're all absolutely special. I think they're brilliant pieces of art. I know most teenagers will probably think I'm ridiculous for believing this but hey it's my opinion. I like how a simple Hannah Montana song can cheer me up when I'm feeling blue. I like how a Camp Rock or High School Musical song can describe everything I'm feeling. I love how Selena Gomez can sing about love and put things into a new perspective. The theme song to that new show- Ant Farm is so inspirational and I think that this is precisely the sort of songs that children should be listening to. Not all that rap/hip-hop crap. Granted, there are good artists out there. I do have some more 'explicit' songs on my ipod but that isn't what I'm trying to get at. I'm not saying that my ipod is chalk full of Disney songs but there is more than. . . the average teenagers (maybe more than the average fifth graders too).


I think that children should appreciate their youth and not try to grow up so quickly. Disney songs, I believe, are the best influence-- on anybody. The messages that a Disney song possesses can do everybody some good. But I guess it isn't the 'cool' thing to do. What a shame. Well I'm nearly 17 and I'm pretty gosh darn proud to say that I will always like Disney. Any song that can change your mood in a matter of seconds is pretty amazing. Almost magical really.  

No comments:

Post a Comment