Sunday, June 26, 2011

Grammer: You Know What I'm Saying?

So like, recently, I caught the end of a Mike Epps comedy special on my television set, you know what I'm saying? And like, at the end of the show, they were interviewing one of the persons in attendance that night, you know what I'm saying? This individual, while speaking to the cameraman, had the following to say:

"Yo! Mike Epps brought that shit tonight, you know what I'm saying?"

"Yo! He straight sold this bitch out, you know what I'm saying?"

Upon hearing the individual's question, I was forced to internalize whether or not I knew what he was saying, you know what I'm saying?
Now let's take a look at this video from Kenyon Martin — NBA superstar. He too, has a profound level of compassion, and this truth is highlighted in his desire to ensure that the interviewer "knows what he's saying." In fact, he asks the interviewer if he "knows what he's saying" 15 times in a 58 second interview!
Do people hear themselves when they talk?
this is almost as bad as having to listen to one of Miley Cyrus' interviews. The girl somehow manages to say 'like' and 'ya know?' in every other sentence. This leads me to wonder: What's wrong with America? And why can't anybody speak properly??

No comments:

Post a Comment