Saturday, June 25, 2011

I don't know whether I'm amused or depressed. . .

THIS lovely little link is the core of my conflicting emotions:

http://scienceblogs.com/isisthescientist/2010/10/so_you_want_to_get_a_phd_in_en.php

Sure, it was entertaining. Until I realized how depressing it was as well. Unfortunately (for me), I was planning to persue a career in something that does not involve numbers, math or science. (yes, I know I'm closing the doors to lots of opportunity but) I'd rather spend my life herding sheep then doing math.

I was planning on majoring in English, or Literature, Journalism or Creative Writing. But this stupid video is making me question my dreams. Well, no. I love English-- it's just depressing to be reminded that IF I decide to do some long track career in this that I would be spending just as much time in school as a future lawyer or doctor would.

I'm not complaining but my happy go lucky perspective on this is slightly lower than it was 15 minutes ago, before I watched this video. I mean I wasn't expecting it to be a stroll in the park, but still. After watching this my facial expression sorta looked like this ---->   -____-

No comments:

Post a Comment