Monday, June 27, 2011

Pre-Calculus, YES it is rocket science.

OK. This is one of my few strong dislikes. I absolutely hate, with a passion, all things numerical. honestly, I'm never going to find the cosine angle of the adjacent perimeter of the point-slope isosceles triangle. this is ridiculous. I'm purposely going to look for a career that involves NO mathematics whatsoever.
I'm never going to understand how someone can find even an ounce of joy from math. once you learn how to add, subtract, multiply and divide-- you're set. . . i realize I'm throwing a hissy fit over something that is inevitable but it just feels so damn nice to vent. i practically squirm at the mention of a calculator and cringe at a glance of a textbook.
                               
Math just seems like an annoyance to me, a bump in the road really. It seems like there's this elite math society somewhere out there. They all comprehend math and speak it like it's their first language. And I sit here, on the sidelines, bitter and jealous-- hoping that someday I could be just like them. When it comes time to doing the math I'm just about the most pessimistic hard-headed person I know. I'm sure it's as painful to watch me attempt at math as it would be to sever your hand. Typing two paragraphs about why I hate math has only reassured me of my belief-- math sucks. But maybe some good came out of it. I realized that even I have to admit when I see someone produce some elegant solution to a complex problem in a matter of seconds it leaves me so impressed, that I wish I understood more of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment